Sync file pairs over ftp and apply patches to them. Useful for using ftpd to transfer ROM save files to and from your DS if you also play on an emulator. Setup a cron job to check for your DS's ftp server periodically to setup automatic syncing. Untested on windows. It may just work out of the box, unsure though.
Clone this repo, cd into it,
pip3 install .
Config file format
Default config file location:
Use either yaml or json. An example yaml file is provided with all of the currently supported options.
If the patcher option is not specified, files will be transfered unmodified.
Automatic sync behavior
On your first run, you'll likely have to specify one of the to/from commands if both remote and local files exist.
- Will sync if either remote or local file do not exist
- Will sync if either local or remote files change, not both.
- Will not sync if both files change
Usage: python -m ftp_sync [OPTIONS] COMMAND [ARGS]... Options: -c, --config-file TEXT Yaml or json config file defining connection and sync pair settings -d, --debug --help Show this message and exit. Commands: sync Automatically sync a specified sync pair. sync-all Automatically sync all sync pairs. sync-all-from Sync all sync pairs remote to local. sync-all-to Sync all sync pairs local to remote. sync-from Sync a pair remote to local. sync-to Sync a pair local to remote.
The singular sync commands (the ones that aren't sync-all*) take a
-n/--name argument which specifies the sync pair to use.
python3 -m ftp_sync sync -n pokemon_pearl will sync the
pokemon_pearl sync pair in the example yaml file.
- Windows support
- Add directory sync support
- Sync between multiple sources/servers
- Cleanup old backup files
- Define and enforce config file schema
- Add more patchers (Would love to extract/inject saves from/to VC)
- Make this README better
- If enough people like this I'll consider adding it to pypi and turning this into a real REPO with CI, unit tests, etc