An information scroller Twitter trends, news, weather for raspberry pi and Pimoroni Unicorn Hat Mini and Scroll Phat HD.
- Twitter trends for multiple locations
- Weather information with many options to display
- News Headlines with configurable items
- Bitcoin prices against other currencies
- Multithreaded configurable content fetching for smooth scrolling
- Day/Night time brightness for better visibility
- Configurable scroll speed
- Color configuration per scrolling content (unicorn hat only)
- Raspberry Pi of any kind
- Pimoroni Unicorn Hat Mini or Scroll Phat HD
Installation and Running
Install the Unicorn Hat Mini to your raspberry pi and boot and login.
- Use git to clone the repo.
git clone https://github.com/tsenyurt/uticker.git
- Change to project folder.
- Install dependencies.
pip3 install -r requirements.txt
- Create your own configuration
mv config.py.sample config.py
The configuration file requires API keys and tokens for authentication. The links for API services registration are provided in the config file.
For Unicorn hat mini
For scroll phat hd
Pull requests are welcome. For major changes, please open an issue first to discuss what you would like to change.