Reddit text to speech generator
A python gui program to generate reddit text to speech videos from the id of any post.
- Generate videos for subs based on comments,(askreddit) so reading individual comments.
- Generate videos for subs with longer posts,(entitledparents), so slicing the post into multiple frames to fit the text.
- Easy login, all you need to do, is run
main.py, you will get a link; go to the link and click allow; Thats it! the credentials are written to a json file so you dont need to repeat this step as long as the
token.jsonfile is there.
- Optional customizability options to change the font, backdrop, position of text on the screen
Feel free to suggest any feature or bug via comments or issues
- Get comments based on the permalink
- Generate mp3 and jpg of the post and its comments; concatenate both of them for a clip, them combine all the clip into one file
- Migrate to praw
- Ability to generate tts for post based subreddits (r/nosleep or r/relationships)
- Better post/comment formatting
- Nsfw filter
- Visual enhancements
- Slicing longer posts into to frames or jpg(s)
- Wrapping it all up into a nice
- Implemented option for reading post or comments (with title)
- Output folder selection
- Voice selection
- Some clean ups and error handling
pip install -r requirements.txtto install all the dependencies and then, run
- It will prompt you to open a url, open it, then allow "post_scraper" to access your account, then you will be redirected to a browser tab, you can then close it.
- Converting links and emojis to plain text