A fast and easy python virtual environment created for linux with some optional pre-installed libraries.
The following need to be installed (installation commands are for Ubuntu / Debian):
- sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
- sudo apt install python3
- sudo apt install python3-pip
- python3 -m pip install --user virtualenv
Quick Install (for Bash or Zsh):
- git clone git://github.com/declancm/python-venv-creator
- cd python-venv-creator && ./install.sh
Download the script into the desired directory.
To run the script, the following command needs to be run:
- source /pyvenv.sh
An alias can be added to ~/.bashrc (or ~/.zshrc etc.) to run the script, such as the following:
- alias pyvenv='source ~/pyvenv.sh'
If installed using the quick install method, 'pyvenv' is the terminal command to create a python virtual environment.