A module to check for differences between pandas Dataframes, and generate a report in Excel format.
This is helpful in a workplace setting, where you might need to check between different versions of an Excel file.
Inputs (to create the object)
- new: DataFrame
- old: DataFrame
- key_column: A reference to a common DataFrame column. If omitted, the data will be matched on the row position.
- A similarpanda object
- Use similarpanda.output_excel() to generate an Excel report.
- Tabular data must contain unique column names.
- Only checks cell values. Formulae, formatting ets is disregarded.
Includes a helper Jupyer notebook, which supports in loading of tabular data:
- From specified named tables within named Excel files
- From the clipboard